We as human beings get so attached to everything; we have to say goodbye to a year as it ends, and welcome the new one in. We like closure and new beginnings; they're chances to rid of our old habits and bad memories to make room for an improved lifestyle. And there's no better time to change your ways and forget the negatives than when the year changes to a fresh, new, different number.
Lately, I haven't been a huge fan of New Years and resolutions; I spent last night watching Downton Abbey and collaging, and only celebrated the new year for approximately three minutes. I feel guilty for not achieving things in a year, so resolutions suck sometimes.
But I do like reflecting on the year past, and then it always excites me to think what the new year will bring to the table. I love lists, so I'm going to list a few brilliant things that happened in 2015 to give it a nice little goodbye; but first, here's some photos from the year.
- I started listening to Twenty One Pilots and many other amazing artists.
- I returned to Rome and Chicago, and visited two countries I'd never been to before; Canada and Germany. I also visited St. Andrew's University in Edinburgh.
- I went to seven concerts; 5 Seconds of Summer, The Script, Imagine Dragons (twice), Ed Sheeran, one night of the Belsonic festival and Fall Out Boy.
- I survived and achieved in the Junior Certificate.
- I have finished one half of fourth year, already.
- My inner fangirl has grown, and is still growing.
- I met bloggers for the first time, and saw some of them again a second time.
- I became busier socially than ever before, especially in 3rd year, which wasn't ideal.
- I changed my blog's name to Queen of Quirk, thank God.
- I started a YouTube channel.
- I got my braces off, and I actually have a nice smile ?!?!
- I went to a blogger event with Flormar, and two events in the Dublin Fashion Festival.
- I reached 300 Bloglovin' followers.
- I reached 100 YouTube subscribers.
- I have improved, remarkably, at make up and fashion.
- I began watching Doctor Who.
- I went camping for the first time ever, and I don't think I ever want to do it again. It was fun, though.
- I went scuba diving!
- I became an alien for Halloween.
- I did one week of work experience at Fighting Words.
- I think I really know what I want to do with my life after school.
- I watched lots of magnificent films.
- I made new friends, and have grown closer with others.
- I turned fifteen. An age I like.
I probably left some things out but you get the gist of it.
So, I hope 2016 brings great memories, just like last year did. I don't want to make new years resolutions as such, but there's things I would like to do and things I'd change about myself, not necessarily in 2016 but somewhere in the future (I'm saying this so I don't disappoint myself.)
- I'd love to establish a healthier lifestyle, with more running, more water, more healthy food and more positive thinking.
- I want to give lots of attention to my blog, YouTube and my creative writing.
- I want to finish fourth year on a high.
- When I travel somewhere, no matter where it is, I want to grasp every moment. Same goes with concerts.
- I want to read way more books (my to read list is expanding ever so quickly).
- I want to be more knowledgeable of what's happening in the world and I'd love to make a difference in some way.
- I want to make new friends or just meet new people, like when I do courses, go to Irish college, or do work experience.
- I want to stay true to who I am, as there's nothing major I wish to change. But, I do want to be even kinder and happier.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Let's hope 2016, and the rest of your life, is fantastic!