Happy New Years Eve!
Today is a busy blogging day. I hope to get up three posts as tomorrow I have a surprise (even though I already revealed it in my Christmas Haul...)!
2014 is fast approaching and I'd love to share with you lovely bunch my hopes and dreams for myself and Dorky, Fizzy and Quirky Stuff for the next 365 days.
Before I commence on this year's goals, I think it's appropriate to show you 2013's resolutions that I posted in January and how much I achieved. This will be interesting...
My 2013 Resolutions and Blog Plans
- Don't worry too much, keep calm and carry on - cheesy but I did tend to worry a lot. This year I improved and I am much more calm and carefree than I used to be.
2. Focus on the positives - more cheese but this one I kept; it's been a very positive year.
- Spend more time with family and friends and think of them more (don't be selfish) - I was never actually selfish, I just thought I needed to concentrate on them more and be thankful for those who care about me and forget those who don't. I think I did well in that.
- Be more studious and organised - I was quite an organised and studious girl already, but this year I have done well in school. There are some areas that need work, but I'm glad with my studies. I might try and improve my routine this year.
- Keep fit and be a stronger hockey player - I have improved as a hockey player (field hockey, not ice) a lot in my opinion. I have gotten stronger as a left back and I've gotten on to a really great team. Fitness wise, I keep thinking I'm not that fit, but to be honest, I am quite active. I'm not the fittest person in the world, but because of hockey, I've become fitter than I'll ever be, but I hope to be even more athletic in 2014 which I'll expand on later. Remember fit isn't the equivalent to slim; fit means active and supple.
- Eat more healthy food - I haven't exactly kept this one unfortunately. I have tried lots more food, some healthy, but I'm determined to eat more nutritious foods this year. I will expand on this in my 2014 resolutions too.
- Keep practicing piano everyday - I have practiced piano lots this year but not every day. I just wanted to encourage myself I guess to keep up with an instrument I love. I did well in my practical exam in November so it payed off.
- Blog regularly :) - that definitely happened...
- Take more care of my teeth and skin - I have had braces for over a year now, and my teeth have gotten so much better since I'm also taking a lot more responsibility for them now. My skin has also been very clear this year; I've has the odd spot or too, but I've been lucky and my skincare routine works for me.
- Learn something new and make new friends - Well, I'm not sure if I learnt any new activities or sports, but I have definitely learnt many lessons. And since I started first year in 2012, I have made such amazing friends. Our friendship grew stronger this year and we are now closer than ever and I am so grateful for that.
- Be confident, happy, kind, caring, outgoing and determined - I think I have achieved this. I think I might try to be more kind and caring this new year.
- Enjoy life and have fun! - accomplished, for sure.
I have done quite a lot of blogging this year which is great!
Book/Film/Book/Product Reviews- click here for reviews.
My Nighttime/Morning Routines - Never did - something for this year, eh?
Seasonal Lookbooks (Spring, Summer etc.) - Click here for my Spring/Summer Lookbook challenge
(Possibly, if I'm allowed) a Room Tour - never did - another idea for 2014
My 2014 Resolutions and Blog Plans!
- Keep fit and eat more nutritiously - I had a talk a few weeks ago in my school about sports nutrition, and the woman who did the presentation handed out a guideline for all of us to follow; I hope to use it this year. I also plan to keep up my fitness not just in school and sport but at home.
- Get stuck into routines and stay organised - I like the idea of routine; organisation is one of my favourite things. I want to have a study and homework routine, a blog routine, a past time routine (as in time when I can relax and have some me-time or be go out with friends) and maybe a better skincare routine. I also hope to get more sleep too. Now I doubt I'd stick to routine all the time but I'll try my best.
- Get my grades up - there are some subjects I need to work on as I said above.
- Continue from 2013's resolutions - all those ones like 'enjoy life, be confident, happy, kind and caring and focus on the positives' are important to sustain a good lifestyle.
Not that many this year but as the last one says I hope to continue my aims from this year too.
And for my blog...
I hope to do two posts a week (Saturdays and scheduled ones of Wednesdays).
If I don't succeed in this, it's because I'm busy as almost every human being in the world is but I hope to stay consistent on Dorky, Fizzy and Quirky Stuff.
I have the same kind of posts in mind for this coming year and I'm taking part in some blogger challenges too, but I'd love to know what kind of things you would like to see in 2014... tell me below!
That's all for now, I'll be talking to you guys later today so see you then!